I lost my dog, what should I do?

Call the non-emergency dispatch phone number (208-465-2257) to report your dog as lost. Give a description of the dog to dispatch. Post on Craigslist Boise in the Lost and found section, as well as on various forms of social media, such as Facebook lost and found pet pages, and NextDoor Neighbor.  Make sure you leave a contact numbers and list the area that the dog was lost from. Contact the West Valley Humane Society (208-455-5920) to file a lost dog report, and go there to see if your dog has been brought in.

Show All Answers

1. What number do I call for Animal Control?
2. I lost my dog, what should I do?
3. My neighbor’s dogs are chewing on our shared fence. I am afraid they may get in my yard.
4. How many dogs am I permitted to own?
5. When you catch a dog, what do you do with it?
6. I cannot keep my dog any more; will Animal Control take it to the Shelter for me?
7. My neighbor’s dogs are barking and it is driving me crazy.
8. Are any breeds banned from Nampa?
9. I want to call about an animal problem, but I am afraid of retaliation from the people I am calling on. Do you give out our contact information?
10. Does Animal Control pick up cats?
11. There are so many cats in my neighborhood since my neighbor feeds them. They destroy my garden and spray my house. What can I do?
12. Are roosters allowed in Nampa?
13. There are raccoons/foxes/rock chucks, etc in my yard/under my house/trailer. Can Animal Control catch them?
14. Where can I find a list of the animal-related laws for Nampa?
15. I just moved to Nampa and have dogs. What do I need to know?