How do I contest a parking ticket?

In order to contest a parking ticket, you must be the registered owner of the vehicle. Bring your ticket and registration to our Code Compliance office at 401 3rd St South Nampa, ID 83651. We will issue you a uniform traffic citation to initiate the paperwork to appear in court. You will then be scheduled to appear before the Clerk of the Magistrate's Court of the District Court of Canyon County, located at 120 9th Avenue South, to plead "not guilty". You will then be given a court date to see a judge. If the judge finds against you, Canyon County Court fees will be added to the original price of the citation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint?
2. What information must I provide to make a complaint ?
3. What happens after a complaint is received by the City?
4. I phoned in a complaint weeks ago, why has nothing been done to the property?
5. Can the City of Nampa enforce Homeowner Association by-laws, subdivision restrictions or deed restrictions (CC&R’s)?
6. When are weeds or grass in violation of City Code?
7. What should be done if a dog is running loose or excessively barking?
8. Am I responsible for pre-existing problems on a property I purchase?
9. How do I report an abandoned or unlicensed vehicle?
10. Who is responsible for the maintainance of curbs, gutters and sidewalks?
11. Can a tenant be held responsible for maintenance of a property?
12. Does the City of Nampa have "time-restricted" parking?
13. Parking- Where do I pay parking citations or how do I pay?
14. How do I contest a parking ticket?
15. Parking- How do I find out if my payment was received or if I owe more money?