Fall is a beautiful time of year, but falling leaves often pose a problem for senior and disabled residents who are unable to rake fallen leaves on their property. The City of Nampa is seeking applications from both Nampa residents who need help and volunteer teams to assist them for the annual Rake-Up Nampa event, which will be held Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Rake-Up Nampa begins with a volunteer kick-off party in Historic Downtown Nampa. This is held in the parking lot in front of the old Train Depot. This is where team leaders pick up supplies and often teams meet up to enjoy a hot beverage served by Dutch Bros. before heading out to their raking destination. The event kicks off between 8-9:30 a.m. and teams are usually done raking before 11 a.m.
Rakes are available as needed and leaf bags are provided. *For this event, Rake-Up Nampa will be using paper leaf bags as we move toward a more environmentally friendly program. Once filled, these paper bags will be picked up on participating resident’s regular trash day by Republic Services for recycling.
Rake-Up Nampa is a free event for both residents and volunteers thanks to local businesses who generously sponsor the event: City of Nampa, Home Depot and Dutch Bros. Coffee.
• Be at least sixty years old, or
• Disabled (no age qualifications, but all other criteria apply)
• Unable to rake up your property
• Reside within Nampa City Limits
• Teams should have at least 8 participants
• Each team needs a leader (contact person) - No experience is required to be a leader. Leaders will be provided the information needed to plan and share with the team.
If you have questions about participation, please call 208-468-5430 or email email@example.com. Applications and further information are also available online at https://cityofnampa.us/rakeupnampa.