The City of Nampa will begin the first phase (Phase 1) of the Greenhurst Road rebuild project January 14, 2019. The contractor, Granite Excavation, will begin the project on East Greenhurst Road, from 12th Avenue Road to South Juniper Street.
Major construction activities include:
- Replacing the Wilson Drain culvert near 12th Avenue Road
- Replacing the Bray Lateral culvert between Sunnybrook Drive and South Juniper Street
- Installing new water services and meters for properties along this section of Greenhurst Road
- Utility upgrades
- Full roadway reconstruction including excavation, new gravel and new pavement
- New pavement marking and signing
During Phase 1 of the project, East Greenhurst Road will be closed from 12th Avenue Road to South Juniper Street. A detour route will be established to assist drivers around construction. Business access to Walmart and US Bank will be available at the traffic signal on 12th Avenue Road and South Valley Drive. Business access for all businesses in the Albertson’s complex will be available from 12th Avenue Road and Sunnybrook Drive.
Phase 1 of the project is scheduled to be completed in May 2019.
In June of 2019, Phase 2 of the project is anticipated to begin on West Greenhurst Road, from 12th Avenue Road to Midland Boulevard and is scheduled to be completed before school is back in session for the 2019-2020 school year. The total anticipated cost of both Phase 1 and 2 of the project is $2.5 million.
PROJECT MAP WITH CLOSURE AREA AND DETOUR ROUTE
Residents are encouraged to contact the City of Nampa project line at (208) 465-2221 or email [email protected] with questions regarding construction.