News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/30/2017 4:20:44 PM to 12/1/2018 12:00:04 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: November 30, 2017

[ARCHIVED] Pursuit started by Caldwell Police ends up with a stand-off in Nampa.

Nampa Police press release logo

On November 30, 2017, at 10:08 a.m., Nampa Police Dispatch was advised that Caldwell Police Department was in pursuit headed toward Nampa. The eastbound pursuit entered Nampa near Caldwell Boulevard and Middleton Road. The pursuit continued to I-84 and went eastbound to Exit 35, where it went onto 6th Street North and continued eastbound. Prior to Nampa Police officers arriving on scene, the pursuing officer lost sight of the suspect vehicle for a brief time.

The suspect vehicle was described as a red, Pontiac G6, with fictitious license plates. Officers had been given information that the suspect was in possession of a firearm. Nampa Police officers arrived in the area and the suspect vehicle was spotted in a driveway at a residence in the 400 block of 7th Avenue North and it was not occupied. Officers began to search the area on foot and they located a male in a shed behind the residence where the suspect vehicle was located. When officers first contacted the suspect inside the shed, they saw that he had a firearm. Officers backed out of the shed and attempted conversation with the male. The suspect entered the doorway to the shed, holding a visible firearm. One shot was fired by a Nampa Police officer toward the suspect. The suspect was not hit by the gunshot. The suspect stayed inside of the shed but communicated with officers.

Nampa Police Special Operations Group responded to the scene. Negotiators contacted the suspect via phone. Residents living in the surrounding homes were contacted about the ongoing incident. The suspect was identified as Nampa resident, Nathan Cody Nourse, 27. The negotiations with Nourse took about 2 ½ hours. At about 1:15 p.m., Nourse exited the shed and gave up peacefully. He was arrested without incident. Two firearms were found in the shed where Nourse had been hiding.

This incident is still under investigation. Charges against Nourse are pending and will be based on the outcome of the investigation.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Police