Mayor Debbie Kling is seeking applications from interested citizens who would like to be considered to serve on the newly formed Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group. Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group will provide a forum for collaboration, planning and communication between Nampa citizens and local city leadership to help ensure the facility located at 315 Stampede Drive (commonly known as the Hispanic Cultural Center) operates in such a way that is meets both the original intent of the building, as noted in the original lease document, and the current needs of the community.
The Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group will focus on the following initiatives:
1. In addition to providing insights into how the facility can effectively serve our Hispanic community, provide insight into how the facility will likewise serve the other members of our community.
2. Collaborate with other community initiatives/agencies to identify the needs of the population we serve.
3. Provide input into how to support the recognition, preservation and celebration of the Hispanic culture.
4. Help ensure the facility provides a variety of economic development activities including job training initiatives as well as community programs for youth, young adults, families and seniors.
5. Provide input into funding opportunities to help ensure the long-term sustainability of the facility.
Representatives from the following organizations will also be invited to participate on the advisory group: Idaho Hispanic Foundation, Idaho Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Community Council of Idaho, PODER of Idaho and Boys & Girls Club of Canyon County. Additionally, up to two members from Nampa City Council will serve on the advisory group and ex-officio representatives from the City of Nampa. Additional members may be added as later identified and appropriate.
Applications are being sought to fill various areas on the advisory group including:
• Two (2) Nampa citizens
• Two (2) Nampa business owners or employees of a business in Nampa
• Up to three representatives of other local non-profit, educational or service organizations.
Nampa residents or businesses with a vested interest in serving on the Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group are asked to submit a letter of interest with completed application (attached) by Sunday, January 14, 2024 to [email protected] or deliver to 411 3rd Street South. For questions, please email [email protected] or call (208) 468-5401.