The City of Nampa is busy preparing for the upcoming holiday season and invites the community to join us for the festivities.
Weather permitting, on Monday, November 6, the City of Nampa Parks and Forestry Division, with help from Qualitree, Seid Crane Services, Nampa Police Department and the City of Nampa’s Traffic Division, will transport Nampa’s official 2023 Christmas tree from its current location to downtown Nampa, in front of the historic train depot located at 1200 Front Street.
Parking in downtown, particularly areas along 13th Ave S from 2nd Street to Front Street and 14th Ave S between 3rd St S and 2nd St S, will be temporarily restricted during tree transport the morning of November 6 and will be reopened soon after tree delivery. Parking will also be slightly impacted in the Longbranch Lot for tree delivery and setup.
This year’s tree will be a 51-foot-tall blue spruce donated by DJ and Vickie Holbrook in Nampa. In January, after the tree is enjoyed for the holidays, it will be made into mulch for use in our parks and trail system this summer.
The official tree lighting ceremony will be Saturday, November 25 in conjunction with Shop Small Saturday. The celebration will begin at 5:15 p.m. and include entertainment, comments from Nampa Mayor Debbie Kling and the tree donor before the official lighting at 6 p.m. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be making an appearance immediately following the tree lighting and be available to take photos in front of the tree.
There will be several activities leading up to the official tree lighting November 25:
- Shop Small Saturday is a nationwide movement to celebrate and support local small businesses, several of which are in downtown Nampa.
- There will be free parking in the downtown parking garage located next to the Nampa Public Library all day thanks to the Nampa Development Corporation.
- The Nampa Farmer’s Market is hosting their Winter Wonderland Market in Lloyd Square from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Mrs. Claus will be reading stories at the Nampa Public Library from 1-1:30 p.m. Come early for the best seat!
- Thanks to event sponsors and Downtown Nampa’s Business Improvement District support, FREE carriage rides will be available from noon to 1 p.m. for guests with special needs and rides open to the general public from 1-4 p.m. (All carriage rides will be available on a first come, first serve basis. The public can begin signing up for the special needs rides at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. for all others.)
- The Salvation Army will be hosting “The Battle of the Bells” to raise money for the local charity.
- The Salvation Army volunteers will be distributing free hot chocolate thanks to our sponsors, and angel tree tags will be on the tree for the community to take and support a child or family in need.
- The community is also encouraged to support the downtown restaurants following the tree lighting.
This event is only possible thanks to our sponsors: Qualitree, Seid Crane Services, BioLife Plasma Services, P1FCU, Just Serve, International Minute Press Nampa, Franz Witte, Nampa Hampton Inn & Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton Nampa, Idaho Power, Idaho Press, Ford Idaho Center and the Nampa Civic Center.