The City of Nampa Parks and Forestry Division is looking for the official Christmas tree for the upcoming holiday season. Residents who are willing to donate a 40 foot or taller green or blue spruce tree to be the Downtown Nampa Christmas tree for 2023 are encouraged to call 208-468-5890 by Friday, October 6.
The tree must be located within Nampa city limits with easy access to the main city roads. The tree must also be accessible from a roadway and without any overhead utility obstructions.
The tree will be removed and transported to the Downtown Nampa area and decorated for the upcoming holiday season. Mayor Debbie Kling will officially light the tree during the annual lighting celebration on Saturday, November 25, 2023, at 6 p.m. A brief history of the tree will also be presented.
This service is completely free of charge and includes the complete removal of the tree as well as the stump ground down to grade thanks to donated services from Qualitree, a family-owned and operated business in Nampa. Once the tree is removed following the holidays, it is turned into mulch and used in our parks system.
Please keep in mind the following guidelines when donating a tree:
• The tree should be at least 40’ or taller.
• The tree must be a green or blue spruce tree.
• The tree must be close to a main city road for easy access for removal and transportation. No backyard trees please.
• Trees will be reviewed by the City Forester and a tree selected from the donation list. Donations will be accepted up until Friday, October 6.
• Other factors such as shape, how full and straight the tree is may be considered.
For questions or tree donations, please contact the Parks Department at 208-468-5890.