Nampa Police officers executed a search warrant in the 500 block of 10th Ave South on April 5, 2023, at approximately 6 a.m. Nampa officers received information about an individual advertising the sale of cocaine, mushrooms, marijuana, and THC on social media. The suspect was identified as Juan D. Zavala, 19-years-old, of Nampa.
Zavala had a large social media presence, which was used to advertise illegal items for sale with photos, prices, giveaways, and special deals. He also posted photos of a firearm he was illegally possessing, because he is on felony probation for selling drugs while in possession of a firearm in 2021. During the service of the search warrant, marijuana, THC cartridges, cocaine, mushrooms, and firearms, including a stolen AK-47, were located inside the residence.
Zavala was arrested and charged with:
- Possession with intent to deliver cocaine
- Possession with Intent to deliver marijuana
- Possession with intent to deliver mushrooms
- Grand theft by possession of a stolen firearm
- Unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Felony Probation Violation
Zavala was booked into the Canyon County Jail and is being held on $250,000 bail.