The City of Nampa accepts Passport applications by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please follow the links below.

Schedule a Passport Appointment

Renew v2

For more details on renewals please click here

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

Helpful Links:

You Must Apply in Person If:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your previous passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

What You Will Need:

  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
  • Evidence of Identity
  • Passport Photo
  • Fees  


When applying for a U.S. Passport, you will need to have a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state. A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office. We are not able to accept hospital certificates or birth abstracts. If you are a naturalized citizen, you will need your naturalization certificate. If you have an expired U.S. passport, it needs to be used in place of the birth certificate. Children must provide their birth certificate with the expired U.S. passport.


Your passport photo is a vital part of your application. Your photo needs to be in color and taken within the past 6 months. You will need a 2"x2" with a full-face, front view (head should measure between 1 1/8" and 1 1/3") with a plain white or off-white background. We recommend you use a professional passport photo service. We are not able to take pictures at our facility.


When applying for a U.S. passport, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application. The form of I.D. used must be valid and bear a picture of the holder. A current driver's license is the best form of I.D. Parents I.D. is used for minors. Minors between the age of 16-17 who have their own I.D. but are applying without a parent present must submit written consent from a parent to obtain a passport.


Application Fee $35.00 
Adults (age 16 & over)$130.00
Adults Renewal$130.00
Minors (under age 16)$100.00
Adults (age 16 & over) $30.00
Adults Renewal$30.00
Minors (under age 16)$15.00
Optional Service Fee
Expedite Processing     $60.00
Overnight Delivery Return    $19.53

Both parents must appear and sign the application for a minor child under the age of 16. If only one parent can appear, they must have written notarized consent from the other parent or provide proof they have sole legal custody.

We are not a passport issuing agency, only an acceptance agency.