Animal Control

Picture of Animal Control Logo

What We Do

Nampa Police department provides animal control services for all calls for service within the incorporated city limits of Nampa. Any animal complaints within Nampa City limits should be directed to Nampa Police Dispatch. For animal complaints outside city limits, please contact Canyon County Animal Control, through Canyon County Sheriff's Dispatch at 208-454-7531.

When We Serve

Animal Control Officers provide services Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. After hours, Patrol Officers will respond for vicious or injured animals, and for animals causing a noise disturbance or traffic problem. For all other animal complaints, please call during normal Animal Control Hours. If any dogs are caught and contained outside Animal Control hours, citizens may be asked to hold onto the dog over night until Animal Control can respond, or transport the dog to the West Valley Humane Society themselves, at 5801 Graye Ln, Caldwell.

Where Animals Are Housed

We contract with the West Valley Humane Society for housing of all animals that are impounded within city limits. If you believe you may have a pet that has been picked up by Animal Control, please contact West Valley Humane Society to make arrangements to recover your pet. If you have lost a pet, West Valley does post daily updates with information about incoming animals on their site.

Animal Control Ordinance Information

For questions reference Nampa City Ordinances regarding animals, please visit the City of Nampa Animal Control Ordinance Page.

Dog Licensing Information

For questions regarding licensing your pet, please contact the Nampa Police Records Division at 468-5678.

Dog License Fees
Standard Senior (65+)  
$48.00 $24.00 Non-Sterilized Dog 1-year license
$144.00 $72.00 Non-Sterilized Dog 3-year license
$12.00 $6.00 Sterilized Dog 1-year license*
$36.00 $18.00 Sterilized Dog 3-year license*
$2.50 $2.50 Replacement Tag
* Must provide written proof from veterinarian of spay/neuter