Nampa Wastewater Division
Nampa's Wastewater Division:
- Operates and maintains the third largest treatment plant in Idaho
- Maintains sewer lines and collection system
- Manages a Recreational Vehicle Dump
- Serves 24,000 residential customers, 3,200 commercial customers and 10 industrial customers
Facts about Nampa's Wastewater Division:
- Capacity to treat 18 million gallons of wastewater each day
- Maintains 387.92 miles of sewer pipes. The pipes range from 6 to 42 inches in diameter
- Removes 99% of all biological oxygen demand before the wastewater is discharged into Indian Creek
- Removes and disposes 1,930 tons of biosolids to the Waste Management System SIMCO landfill
- Perform 4,000 tests for process control each year
- Sample Indian Creek twice a week to ensure water quality
- Maintains 5,257 of manholes and 10 lift stations
- The plant is staffed 20 hours a day, every day of the year
Recreational Vehicle Dump
The City of Nampa Wastewater Division operates a
FREERV dump for your convenience.
The dump site is located at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 340 W. Railroad St., Nampa (click here for a map)
The RV dump is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Take a Tour
Learn about how Nampa's wastewater is treated by visiting our treatment plant. Tours are a great way for groups to learn more about the complexity of treating wastewater and how Nampa City keeps our community's water clean for future generations.
Tours are tailored to the audience and are intended for the general public, school groups (4th grade - college), and special interest groups. An educator or operator will lead the 90-minute tour, depending on the audience.