- Wastewater Division
Nampa Wastewater Division
If you see City employees in your neighborhood, please give them at least six feet of distance while at work. We want to ensure employees remain safe and healthy as they continue to serve our community.
Nampa's Wastewater Division of Public Works is committed to serving our customers and protecting our environment by operating and maintaining Nampa's sanitary sewer system.
Nampa's Wastewater Division:
- Operates and maintains the third largest treatment plant in Idaho
- Maintains sewer lines and collection systems
- Serves 24,000 residential customers, 3,200 commercial customers and 10 industrial customers
Established in 1948, the Division is the oldest retail wastewater provider in Idaho. The utility is funded by sewer bills and new connection fees, not taxes.
Facts about Nampa's Wastewater Division:
- Capacity to treat 18 million gallons of wastewater each day
- Maintains 423.95 miles of sewer pipes. The pipes range from 6 to 42 inches in diameter
- Removes 99% of all biological oxygen demand before the wastewater is discharged into Indian Creek
- Removes and disposes 1,930 tons of biosolids to the Waste Management System SIMCO landfill
- Perform 4,000 tests for process control each year
- Sample Indian Creek twice a week to ensure water quality
- Maintains 9,430 manholes and 35 lift stations
- The plant is staffed 20 hours a day, every day of the year
Recreational Vehicle DumpThe City of Nampa will be temporarily closing the free RV dump station, located near the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 340 W. Railroad, on October 1, 2021, to accommodate the ongoing construction at the Nampa Wastewater Plant.
Three local alternative RV dumping locations available in Nampa are listed below:
- Maverick Adventure’s First Stop, located at 555 Northside Blvd in Nampa, offers free dumping services 24 hours a day.
- ExtraMile by Jacksons, located at 11950 W. Karcher Rd. in Nampa, is available 24 hours a day and charges a $10 fee for service.
- Jacksons Food Stores, located at 1407 N. Franklin Blvd in Nampa, is available 24 hours a day and charges a $10 fee for service.
Take a TourLearn about how Nampa's wastewater is treated by visiting our treatment plant. Tours are a great way for groups to learn more about the complexity of treating wastewater and how Nampa City keeps our community's water clean for future generations.
Tours are tailored to the audience and are intended for the general public, school groups (4th grade - college), and special interest groups. An educator or operator will lead the 90-minute tour, depending on the audience.