PLANNING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT
Vision: To guide the use and development of land to support the health, safety and welfare of our citizens. We believe in being open with all parties, in reviewing development proposals for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan, in complying with State and City zoning law, and in processing application requests thoroughly and impartially.
Mission: To make a safe, vibrant and economically sustainable community through wise growth management, including the use of smart growth principles based on Idaho Law, Nampa's Comprehensive Plan and zoning ordinances approved by City Council, and best planning practices.
- I have submitted and paid for my application. When is my public hearing scheduled?
Once payment is submitted, please allow 1-2 weeks to contact us for processing, then call 208-468-5484 to determine when your public hearing is scheduled.
- Can I have chickens on my property?
Inside the city limits, a property owner may keep up to 10 hens on their property. Roosters are not allowed. See Zoning Ordinance Chapter 21 for more animal regulations.
- How do I comply with City regulations when putting a shed/accessory building on my property?
All associated regulations may be found on the Residential Accessory Structures <200 sq. ft. Application: Planning Application/Regulations
For further inquiries regarding Residential Accessory Structures <200 sf: Please call 208-468-4430.
Residential Accessory Structures >200 sq. ft.: Building Department Application
- What are the setback requirements for a shed/accessory building?
For inquiries about setbacks and easements on your property, please call 208-468-4430.
- Who do I talk to about a lot split on my property?
Determining whether a lot split is possible for your lot is determined on a case-by-case basis. Please call 208-468-4430.
- How do I submit an appeal for a City Council hearing?
These are submitted to the City Clerk's Office. Please review NCC § 10-2-10: Requests for Reconsideration.
- How do I submit an appeal for a Planning & Zoning Commission Hearing?
Applications for appeals must be accompanied by the appropriate fee to be considered complete, and filed with the Planning Department within 15 days of the hearing in order to be considered. See our Planning Applications page for the application.
- What does Nampa code say about City parking requirements?