Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group
The City of Nampa has created the Nampa Community & Cultural Advisory Group to focus on the following initiatives:
- In addition to providing insights into how the facility can effectively serve our Hispanic community, provide insight into how the facility will likewise serve the other members of our community.
- Collaborate with other community initiatives/agencies to identify the needs of the population we serve.
- Provide input into how to support the recognition, preservation and celebration of the Hispanic culture.
- Help ensure the facility provides a variety of economic development activities including job training initiatives as well as community programs for youth, young adults, families and seniors.
- Provide input into funding opportunities to help ensure the long-term sustainability of the facility.
Advisory Group Members:
The members of the Advisory Group shall be identified and appointed by the Mayor with the confirmation of the City Council. The existence of the Advisory Group is intended to terminate after fulfilling the mission herein identified. The City Council will terminate the Advisory Group by resolution when it determines such action is appropriate. Membership on the Advisory Group may be comprised of the following:
- Up to four members representing local Hispanic organizations. Examples of such organizations that may be considered include, but are not limited to, the Hispanic Foundation, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Community Council of Idaho, PODER, etc.
- Two (2) Nampa citizens
- Two (2) Nampa business owners or employees of a business in Nampa
- One to two (l-2) members of Nampa City Council
- One representative of the Boys & Girls Club of Canyon County
- Up to three representative(s) of other local non-profit, educational or service organizations.
- Additional members may be added as later identified and as appropriate.
- Staff support will be provided by representatives from Nampa Mayor’s office or City staff.
This group will meet quarterly, or as needed, to review use of the facility, proposed initiatives, funding opportunities, financial status of the facility and share ideas to help ensure the facility is accomplishing its intended use, reaching its greatest potential and achieving financial sustainability.
The feedback and recommendations generated by the advisory group will be documented and provided to the Mayor and City Council for their consideration. The City of Nampa maintains the power and authority to make any and all decisions regarding the use and funding of the facility.