Housing Improvement Programs
Nampa's Home Repair Loan Program
Through this program, a qualifying homeowner can borrow money for emergency or critical needs for the home they own, or to make the necessary modifications for people with limited mobility. Examples of eligible projects include roof repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, structural or safety concern repairs, widening doorways, and installing handicapped accessible showers. Up to $20,000 can be borrowed, but the loan cannot be for more than the actual cost of repairs. The loan is a zero interest, 5-year forgivable loan. The loan amount will be forgiven in its entirety after 5 years as long as the conditions of the loan are met. The qualification is based on HUD income guidelines. Applicants must not exceed pre-determined income limits.
For more information on this program, please call 208-468-5407.
Feel free to fill out the Interest Form below and we will contact you.
- Owner must occupy home
- Home must be within City Limits
- Owner must meet Income Guidelines (See Below)
- Mortgage & Property Taxes must be current
- Home must be insured (or will be eligible after we fix the problem through the program)
- Owner must be clear of bankruptcy for at least 2 years
- Must be in compliance with City of Nampa Code Enforcement
- Must own the land your home sits on. Homes within mobile home parks are not eligible for this reason.
2022 HUD Income Guidelines for Nampa Area Median Income
Applicant must not exceed annually:
Examples of Eligible Repairs
- Roof Repair/Replacement
- Plumbing Repairs
- Heating & Air Condition system repair/replacement
- Electrical Repairs
- Water/Sewer Line Repairs
- ADA Modifications
- Ramp & Safety Rails
- Widening Doorways
- Walk in Showers
- Handicapped accessible toilets & lavs
If you think you meet the screening requirements above, fill out an online application at:
*Other items of repair may be eligible as well, please contact us for further information at 208-468-5407.