Housing Improvement Programs
Nampa's Home Repair Loan Program
Through this program, a qualifying homeowner can borrow money for emergency or critical needs for the home they own, or to make the necessary modifications for people with limited mobility. Examples of eligible projects include roof repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, structural or safety concern repairs, widening doorways, and installing handicapped accessible showers. Up to $15,000 can be borrowed, but the loan cannot be for more than the actual cost of repairs. The amount of interest paid is based on income and ranges from 0%-3%. Some loans can even be deferred until the home is sold or the owner no longer lives in the home. The qualification is based on HUD income guidelines. Applicants must not exceed pre-determined income limits.
For more information on this program, please call 208-468-5472.
2019 Home Loan Program Brochure
Feel free to fill out the Interest Form below and we will contact you.
Home Repair Loan Interest Form
- Owner must occupy home
- Home must be within City Limits
- Owner must meet Income Guidelines (See Below)
- Mortgage & Property Taxes must be current
- Home must be insured (or will be eligible after we fix the problem through the program)
- Owner must be clear of bankruptcy for at least 2 years
- Must be in compliance with City of Nampa Code Enforcement
- Must own the land your home sits on. Homes within mobile home parks are not eligible for this reason.
2021 HUD Income Guidelines for Nampa Area Median Income
Applicant must not exceed annually:
Examples of Eligible Repairs
- Roof Repair/Replacement
- Plumbing Repairs - indoor or main service lines
- Heating & Air Condition system repair/replacement
- Electrical repairs/upgrades necessary
- Broken windows/doors
- Structural Repairs
- Safety Concerns
- ADA Modifications
- Ramp & Safety Rails
- Widening Doorways
- Walk in Showers
- Handicapped accessible toilets & lavs
- Kitchen modifications
Housing Rehab Loan Programs
The City of Nampa, City of Boise and USDA-Rural Development all offer assistance to low-income qualified owner-occupied homeowners in need of immediate help with emergency and critical needs or ADA modification home repairs. To learn more about Boise and USDA's programs, please visit the websites linked below.
USDA-Rural Development program