Transportation Advisory Group
The Transportation Advisory Group (TAG) will help facilitate the City’s goal to modernize and revitalize Nampa’s transportation system, creating a safer, more efficient, more livable and economically prosperous community.
Establishment and Purpose
The purpose of the Transportation Advisory Group (TAG) is to provide perspectives and input to evaluate upcoming critical transportation initiatives supporting the modernization and revitalization of Nampa’s transportation system, creating a safer, more efficient, more livable, and economically prosperous community. TAG will provide a forum for cooperation, coordination, planning, and communication between Nampa citizens, local leadership and other federal, state and local agencies including, but not limited to: Idaho Transportation Department (ITD), Community Planning Association of Southwest Idaho (COMPASS), Nampa Highway District #1, Canyon Highway District #4 and Valley Regional Transit (VRT).
TAG will focus on the following transportation initiatives including:
1. Transportation funding plan update and initiatives
2. Transportation Five Year Work Plan development
3. Update to the transportation elements of the Engineering Development Process and Policy Manual
4. Update to the transportation elements of the Standard Construction Specifications
5. Annual updates to the Transportation Master Plan
6. Updates to the COMPASS Communities in Motion 2040 2.0 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
TAG members shall have an interest, competence, or knowledge in matters relating to transportation planning and traffic safety. Membership shall be comprised of:
- Two (2) Nampa citizens residing within city limits
- Two (2) Nampa business owners or employees of a business in Nampa residing within city limits
- Two (2) individuals with technical expertise and/or education in a transportation related field (not required to reside within city limits)
- One to two (1-2) members of Nampa City Council
- One (1) member of the Nampa Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee
- Ex officio members shall be made up of representatives from Nampa Mayor’s office, City staff, ITD, COMPASS, Nampa Highway District, Canyon Highway District, VRT, Nampa School District, Vallivue School District, Northwest Nazarene University and College of Western Idaho.
- Committee will convene in December 2021. Subsequent meeting frequency will be determined by the committee.
- Meeting Agendas and Materials will be developed by the Facilitator. Agendas will be sent out to the committee members prior to each meeting
- Meeting materials and summaries will be posted on the Nampa website
- Public Notice of meeting times and location will be posted in the Agenda Center found here
- Public Comment period will be provided at the beginning of each meeting