VIRTUAL Public Hearing INSTRUCTIONS
Due to current health precautions associated with the Coronavirus, the City of Nampa is providing alternative ways for the community to provide comments at public hearings which comply with open meeting laws. Currently public health concerns have created physical distancing guidelines of at least 6 (six) feet between people outside of your home. For more information, visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.
Below please find information on ways you can participate remotely in public meetings. Should you have additional needs which exceed the below options, please know we will do our best to accommodate your participation. Please email the Clerk’s office at [email protected] and provide your name, address, and a phone number. We will contact you and let you know other ways to participate.
Thank you for your understanding as we adopt these new measures during this time to comply with the current guidelines and slow the spread of Coronavirus in our community.
View upcoming meetings and their corresponding agendas HERE.
Below are instructions to watch virtual meetings without interacting, or to join as a participant who will provide public testimony
VIEW LIVE STREAM WITHOUT PROVIDING PUBLIC TESTIMONY:
You can watch a live stream of the meeting online from the comfort and safety of your home. The meeting will be live streamed at the following location: livestream.com/cityofnampa
PROVIDE PUBLIC TESTIMONY:
IN REAL TIME:
Step 1: View the resources and tips and tricks below to become familiar with the Virtual Meeting platform and prepare for the meeting
Step 2: Follow link Council and Planing & Zoning Public Hearing Meetings Sign-Up.
Step 3: Watch for a reply email with a link to join the meeting
Note: Check spam or junk folders if you do not see email in your inbox
Step 4: Follow the link provided to participate with video or dial in phone number to participate without video
Note: Scroll down to see tutorial on using Microsoft Teams
IN ADVANCE (WRITTEN COMMENTS OR SUBMIT COMMENTS ON VOICE MESSAGE):
If you are unavailable to participate in real-time, you can submit your testimony in advance in a number of ways. All forms of testimony hold the same weight.
Written testimony may be submitted by email to [email protected]. Video testimony can be recorded in advance and sent to [email protected]. Comments can be left by voicemail by calling (208) 565-5190.
RESOURCES & TIPS TO PARTICIPATE BY PHONE (no video):
- Dial in number (will be emailed to you); your carrier rates may apply
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID provided, followed by #
- If meeting has not started before the host joins, you can wait in a virtual lobby
- If using a cell phone, please stay in one place where you have a good signal
RESOURCES & TIPS TO PARTICIPATE BY VIDEO:
- If you are using computer audio, make sure you have a microphone if you need to talk. (If not, use the call-in feature)
- Be mindful of your attire and background if you plan to participate over video
- If you have audio problems, switch to the dial in option
- If using cellular, please stay in one place where you have a good signal