The City of Nampa will begin the first phase of the Middleton Road irrigation improvements and road rebuild February 3, 2020.
The projects’ purposes include:
• Irrigation relocation
• Widen the existing roadway to accommodate a center turn lane and widen shoulders
• Full roadway reconstruction including excavation, new gravel and new pavement
• Extend water and sewer facilities
• Pedestrian facility upgrades
• New pavement marking and signing
During Phase 1 of the project, irrigation relocation will occur with minimal impacts to the traveling public and residents. Drivers can expect reduced speeds, periodic lane reductions with flagger control and construction related noise. The construction will take place during the daytime of weekdays (Monday through Friday). Phase 1 is anticipated to be finished by March 2020.
In March of 2020, Phase 2 of the project is anticipated to begin and is scheduled to be completed mid-summer 2020. Motorists can expect street closures, posted detours, speed reductions, intermittent delays, and periodic flagger control. Updated information regarding construction and detours will be provided at cityofnampa.us/projects, Nextdoor, the City of Nampa social media channels and mailers to surrounding households.