5-Year Consolidated Plan Process
The City of Nampa Draft 2017-2021 Draft Consolidated Plan was formally adopted on August 7, 2017.
2017-2021 Consolidated Plan
What is a Consolidated Plan?
The Consolidated Plan is a document required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to be submitted by all jurisdictions that receive federal funding through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. The plan helps communities to determine priorities, establish strategic goals, and create an action plan for how the funds will be spent. Larger communities like Nampa are required to prepare a 5-year consolidated plan that establishes goals for the use of these funds. A requirement of developing a consolidated plan is to hold public meetings to gain input from the community, helping to capture feedback on the most urgent needs to ensure those needs are aligned with the projects that obtain funding. CDBG projects must benefit low- and moderate-income people, help with the prevention or elimination of slum or blight, or other community development activities to address an urgent threat to health or safety.
- Demographic and economic trends in the City of Nampa that set the context for the housing and community development needs and strategies discussed in later sections. It also contains a detailed analysis of the City’s housing market with quantitative estimates of housing need.
- Housing and community development needs of the City’s special‐needs populations. The section gives updated estimates of these populations and the programs and initiatives to serve them.
- The findings from the public outreach process conducted for the Consolidated Plan, which included resident and stakeholder surveys, key person interviews, a stakeholder focus group and public meetings and hearings.
- 5-year Strategic Plan
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Public Outreach Materials
- Public Comments received on the draft plan
- HUD required certifications and SF424 Form
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
What do you do with a Consolidated Plan?
The information from the Consolidated Plan is then put into an Annual Action, which describes how the jurisdiction will use the funding received that year to meet the needs of affordable housing and any other goals and objectives identified in the Consolidated Plan. However, the Consolidated Plan is just one piece. We also complete an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI). This report will identify any issues that may stand in the way of furthering fair housing choice because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. The report will also provide information on how to resolve those issues.
- Attend one of the Community Workshops
- Fill out the online survey
- Provide comments on the draft consolidated plan during the 30-day public comment period
- Ask to be placed on our mailing list by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>