VENUE MANAGEMENT Advisory Commission
MISSION AND PURPOSE
The Venue Management Advisory Commission, formerly the Idaho Center Advisory Commission, was created and operates in accordance with City Ordinances.
The purpose and duties of the Venue Management Advisory Commission is to advise the Mayor and Council with regard to the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the Ford Idaho Center and the Nampa Civic Center.
The mission of the Venue Management Advisory Commission is to maximize the benefit of the Ford Idaho Center to the people and community of Nampa by assuring long term viability, enlarging economic impact and promoting tourism and travel to the Nampa area.
In support of this mission, the Venue Management Advisory Commission will:
- Participate in long range planning as needed in order to assure continued viability for the Ford Idaho Center and Nampa Civic Center;
- Serve as a liaison group between the Ford Idaho Center, the Nampa Civic Center, the Mayor’s Office and the Nampa City Council;
- Promote tourism and travel in conjunction with the Ford Idaho Center and Nampa Civic Center events; including the Arena; the Amphitheatre, and the Horse park venues;
- Work with the Ford Idaho Center and Nampa Civic Center staff and the City of Nampa to explore future funding mechanisms for operations, capital needs and renovations, including pursuing county, state and federal revenue sources;
- Work with the Ford Idaho Center and Nampa Civic Center staff and the City of Nampa to enhance the economic impact and benefits of the Ford Idaho Center and Nampa Civic Center to the private and public sectors in the Nampa area.
The Venue Management Advisory Commission meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 3:30 pm at the Ford Idaho Center.
MEETING AGENDAS and MINUTES
For more information about the Venue Management Advisory Commission, or to be added to the agenda, please contact Joy Hall at
208-249-1215 or [email protected]
Name Term Expires
Erica Hernandez 01-07-2024
Robin Knight 01-07-2024
Mitch Minnette 08-06-2023
Curtis Homer 02-08-2023
Sherri Boardman 02-08-2023 Kenny Wroten 08-06-2023
Tami Conibear 08-20-2023
David Staker 08-20-2023
Mayor Debbie Kling, Ex-Officio
Morgan Treasure, Commission Secretary