RESIDENTIAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMIT?
A residential building permit is required in City of Nampa to construct any new residential building structures, residential additions, residential remodels, and other improvements in order to assure that the construction is consistent with building codes and other applicable regulations.
WHAT WORK REQUIRES A PERMIT?
- Any new residence, mobile home, or accessory dwelling unit
- Any structures such as garages, decks, cover patios, carports and residential storage structures (detached storage building less than 200 square feet in area are exempt)
- Improvements, additions, and remodels to existing residences or accessory structures
- Retaining walls over 4' height. (including footings)
- Heating and air-conditioning systems, fireplaces, woodstoves and other heating devices or ventilation
- systems Relocation or demolition of a structure
- New or replacement stucco or siding
THE COST OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT
- Increased cost for obtaining a permit, increased permit fees, additional service fees, and possible criminal citations and fines.
- Potential hazards including fire danger and drinking water contamination.
- Removal of work may be required at the cost to the Homeowner or Builder.
- Discovery of non-permitted work may delay the sale of your home, require permits, and may require the owner to bring the home into code compliance.
- Homeowners insurance may not cover issues that occur as a result of the non-permitted construction
PERMIT REQUEST FORMS
- Residential NEW Permit Application Packet
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Residential Demolition Permit Application
- Residential Fence Permit Application
- Residential Moved Building Permit Application
- Residential Re-roof Permit Application
- Impact and Hookup Fee Deferral Application
- Residential Addition/Remodel/Carport/Cover Patio Application Packet