Nampa Planning & Zoning Department
Public Involvement Opportunities
Northside (North Central Nampa) Vision
The City of Nampa and partner organizations received a grant to identify and seek funding for strategic community investments that will improve health. Nampa's team is focusing on North Central Nampa. Residents are encouraged to complete an anonymous survey that will help determine priority projects.
North Central Nampa Vision Survey
Encuesta del área de Nampa Norte Central
Planning & Zoning Information
Hearing Notices, Staff Reports, Meeting Agendas-Minutes-Audio Files
To view or download Public Hearing Notices, Staff Reports on Meeting Items, or Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting Agendas, Minutes or Audio Files Click Here. Please Click Here to make a public records request for any item older than one year.
Frequently Requested Information
- Appeal Application
- Application Time Frames
- Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map
- Minimum Parking Lot Requirements
- Planning & Zoning Application Forms
Planning & Zoning Fees
- Public Records Request
- Requests for Reconsideration of City Council Decisions on P&Z Applications
- Schedule of District/Zone Land Use Controls
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Ordinance
To promote the interest of health, safety, and general welfare for the citizens of Nampa in the use of land, and the promotion of economic and community development by implementing and enforcing minimum planning and zoning standards to secure safety from fire, to provide adequate open spaces for air and light, to prevent the overcrowding of land, to avoid undue concentration of population, to conserve and stabilize property values, to stabilize expectations regarding the use and development of land, and to promote the achievement of the goals, policies, and implementation strategies of the Nampa 2035 Comprehensive Plan.
Vision Consumer friendliness with all parties engaged in city growth and development, while ensuring that development is planned for and occurs in conformance with the guiding visions of the Nampa 2035 Comprehensive Plan, the Idaho Local Planning Act, and the Nampa Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
Plan Nampa and process zoning requests with meaningful investigations, accurate and substantive staff reports and impartial hearings in accordance with the provisions of state and local law. Work to minimize costs and administrative procedures where possible, while at the same time ensuring that plans, zoning law, and planning and zoning procedures are sufficient to maintain and improve Nampa's quality of life.
- Annually review and amend the zoning and subdivision ordinances, and the comprehensive plan with emphasis on updates to promote smart growth.
- Advise the public, Planning & Zoning Commission, Mayor, City Council and department heads in planning & zoning matters.
- Coordinate and strengthen relationships with Canyon County in their planning and zoning efforts within the Nampa Area of City Impact.
- Assist in downtown revitalization efforts through participating in ongoing planning for the area.
- Assist in the economic and community development activities of the City of Nampa in every way possible.